(Last Updated On: March 9, 2018)
Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus is the best first-person shooting video game for Windows users. You can download the Wolfenstein 2 for Windows-based gaming PC and enjoy the amazing first-shooter experience at home. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the main issues and problems in Wolfenstein 2. Many people from all around the world are having errors, crashes, freezes, black screen error, and missing DLL file errors. We will help you to solve those errors and play PC version of Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus without any inconvenience. In this tutorial, we help you to fix some of the most common errors that you encounter while playing the PC version of the Wolfenstein 2. We’re sure that the game developers are already working at full speed to fix these problems and will roll out a patch as soon as possible.
Find system requirements of Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus which you can implement on your home gaming PC to play Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus without any errors.
- Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus System Requirements
- How to fix errors, crashes, black screen in Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus
- Wolfenstein 2 – Black Screen error
- Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus Full-Screen issue fix
- Fix Could Not Write Crash Dump in Wolfenstein 2
- Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus freezes error and breaking
- Wolfenstein 2 – low FPS / low performance
- Wolfenstein 2 – Missing DLL files
- Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus Crashes After Changing the Screen Resolution
- Wolfenstein 2 – The Game Doesn’t Launch
Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus System Requirements
- Processor (Intel CPU): Intel Core i7-4770
- Processor (AMD CPU): AMD FX-9370 or better
- RAM: 16 GB
- Graphic Card Requirement NVIDIA: NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB
- Graphic Card Requirement AMD: AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB or better
- Sound Card: DirectX compatible using the latest drivers
- Operating System (OS): Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit only)
- Minimum Disk Space: 55 GB
How to fix errors, crashes, black screen in Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus
Here you will find the most common errors, crashes, freezes, black screen error, and missing DLL file issues. We have written this detailed article to highlight issues along with their fixes.
Wolfenstein 2 – Black Screen error
You have the very limited choice to fix black screen error for Wolfenstein 2. To resolve this issue, first, you have to make sure that Steam Overlay is disabled in the Steam settings of the game.
If that doesn’t fix the issue. Then you have to install latest GPU drivers (AMD or Nvidia). You can do it easily by uninstalling the older version of GPU. It will solve the issue sometime.
Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus Full-Screen issue fix
When you are getting problems with full-screen mode Or your screen is messed up in full-screen mode. then go to the graphical settings and turn off the option called Async Compute. Once you do this, problems with full-screen mode will be resolved.
Fix Could Not Write Crash Dump in Wolfenstein 2
In order to fix Could Not Write Crash Dump in Wolfenstein 2, you need to update Nvidia driver. Could Not Write Crash Dump error can be easily fixed when you upgrade NVIDIA graphic card driver on your PC.
- Download the latest drivers for NVIDIA graphics cards
- Download DriverScanner to update all PC drivers to avoid errors click here
Uninstall the old graphics card from your PC and install the new ones using the Device Manager in your Control Panel, instead of using the nVidia’s GeForce Experience software that simply overwrites the old files.
Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus freezes error and breaking
Whenever the Wolfenstein 2 stops or freezes during the game. We highly recommend you to restart the game again and error will be resolved itself. There is also a way to fix freezes and crashes. It can be solved by disabling the Async Compute option.
Wolfenstein 2 – low FPS / low performance
When you find out that Wolfenstein’s performance or FPS is considerably low. Try out the following steps to avoid these issues:
- Make sure you have updated graphics card drivers
- Make sure that your system does not work in power saving mode
- Using multiple GPUs, you should disable the integrated one (The Intel GPU). Start the game on the Nvidia Graphics Card.
Wolfenstein 2 – Missing DLL files
We have a very detailed guide on how to fix common missing DLL files for any video games. Click here to find out more about missing DLL files error. How to fix common DLL runtime errors in video games 2018. We have described everything about DLL missing files.
- Visual C++ Redistributable Packages
- DirectX 11 should be installed properly click here
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 Client Profile click here
Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus Crashes After Changing the Screen Resolution
In order to fix crashes, Wolfenstein crashes after changing the screen resolution. This error will be resolved when you install Nvidia drivers version 388.00 or 388.10. There have been multiple reports about this issue and some users have also mentioned that installing the specific version has solved the problem for them.
Wolfenstein 2 – The Game Doesn’t Launch
It happens when you are running a video game on outdated graphics card driver. You need to make sure that your gaming PC drivers are up-to-date. Some users have reported that they fixed the issue by doing a clean install of the latest version of GPU drivers. We are hoping that everything will be fixed with future updates.
I hope this article will be a useful source to solve all the errors and issues that you encounter in Wolfenstein 2.