(Last Updated On: March 17, 2018)
Hey, Gamers. Today, we have another PS4 related error which is DNS error nw-31247-7. We help you to solve the error and connect the console to the Internet. There are very fewer chances that you deal with DNS error nw-31247-7 error in the PS4. What if, you are facing the DNS setting error in your PS4 console. Don’t worry, I have it fixed for you. In this tutorial, we will be discussing the error in depth and be going to learn the possible solution to resolve it. Usually, the DNS error nw-31247-7 is preventing you to connect your PS4 console to the Internet.
How to fix DNS error nw-31247-7 in PlayStation 4
You are seeing the DNS error NW-31247-7 because your console could not determine the DNS it should use. Setting the DNS server in your PS4 to Manual may fix the error. In this article, we will configure the DNS setting manually to fix the error in PlayStation 4.
You probably wondering that what is DNS and why you need it to connect your console to the Internet. “The Domain Name System (DNS) provides visitors access to websites using domain names rather than IP addresses”. DNS server can also be obtained from your internet service provider. Please call them to ask if they could provide a DNS for your PS4 configuration. If you have configured your router DNS server, please set your configuration to your PS4. If you do not have any DNS server, you may use Google Public DNS. Follow the article to fix DNS error nw-31247-7 in PlayStation 4. Here are steps:
- Go to Settings
- Go to Network
- Go to Set Up Internet Connection
- Select form WiFi or LAN Cable whichever you are using
- Select Custom.
- For the IP address select Manual. Input IP, subnet, and gateway, that you have copied
NOTE: Increase the last three digits of the IP to +100. Basing from the sample in the image above, “192.168.1.8,” increase it by 100. It should be 192.168.1.108 to avoid IP conflict
- If you do not have a DNS server, use Google Public DNS
Primary DNS: 188.8.131.52
Secondary DNS: 184.108.40.206
- For the MTU setting select automatic
- Proxy server select Do not use
- Then test your connection
How to use Smart DNS Proxy to fix DNS error NW-31247-7
If you have tried the above method to solve DNS error NW-31247-7. And you are still facing the DNS error NW-31247-7 in PS4. Why don’t you use Smart DNS Proxy serves that are completely free DNS server for a trail, It is the best option you have to solve the error in PS4. To be able to use the Smart DNS Proxy free DNS server, sign up to this link here and see the instructions below:
- SignUp to the SmartDNS Proxy click here
- Now you have to enter your Name, Email Address, and Password, then click submit
- Verify and confirm the email sent by Smart DNS Proxy
NOTE: If you have not received any email, click Resend Verification/Activation Email or check your spam email.
- After the verification process, choose the DNS servers closest to your physical location. NOTE: To set a DNS server on your PS4 see solution 1.
NOTE: Whenever your PS4/Router WAN IP change, your Smart DNS Proxy settings also require an update. Go to your Smart DNS Proxy account and update your WAN IP address, so Smart DNS Proxy system will update its database to enable you to use the DNS server services.
I hope the article helped you solve the error in PS4. If you need more help, make a comment below and let us know your problem with PS4.
You may also like:
- How to fix errors, crashes, freezes, and black screen in Star Wars Battlefront 2
- How to fix black screen launching error in Total War Warhammer 2
- How to fix d3dcompiler_43.dll missing error in Medal of Honor: Warfighter
- How to fix black screen error in FIFA 18
- How to fix dx11.cpp 5042 error in Resident Evil 7