(Last Updated On: February 26, 2018)
If your game won’t start or if you encounter some errors at the startup like missing some .dll’s check. In this quick fix solution, we are going to show you how to fix vcomp140.dll missing file error for Divinity Original Sin 2. Complete the following steps to fix DLL missing files error.
Divinity Original Sin 2: How to fix vcomp140.dll missing
There are two ways to fix DLL missing files error for any game. Either you can update .Net Framework or Visual C++ Redist to prevent DLL missing errors. Here are simple steps:
- If your video crashes on launch, please check your video driver and update it if necessary.
- Normally, Steam will install the following by default as you launch the game for the first time. If you don’t have these, please find them online at the following locations.
Pre-requisites before running Divinity Original Sin 2 on PC
- Visual C++ Redistributable Packages
- DirectX 11 should be installed properly click here
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 Client Profile click here
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Client Profile click here
- Make sure you have minimum system requirements
How to fix vcomp140.dll missing manually in Divinity Original Sin 2
You can also fix DLL missing file error manually. You need to download that specific DLL file from the internet and paste in Windows System32 directory. Follow the steps to fix vcomp140.dll missing file error manually.
Steps to fix vcomp140.dll error in Divinity Original Sin 2
Once you have installed the above pre-requisites Windows libraries, there are chances that you will not face vcomp140.dll file error in Divinity Original Sin 2. you have to complete the following steps to fix vcomp140.dll file error. Here are further steps:
- Download vcomp140.dll missing file on your PC based on operating system
- Extract the vcomp140.dll file from zip folder
- Copy the DLL file and paste into System32 directory folder of Windows
- Read common DLL error fixing guide on our website here
Thanks for using our guide to fix vcomp140.dll missing file error in Divinity Original Sin 2.