(Last Updated On: March 8, 2018)
Hey! Lover of League of legends. Today, we have something good that you need it. Most of the players of League of Legends are getting Directx error. Unknown DirectX error has become very common in these days. In this tutorial, we will be talking about some possible way that you can use to fix the error. Our methods will not ruin the installation of League of Legends. Anyway, be more careful when you are fixing DirectX error in League of Legends.
How to fix Directx Error in League of legends
We have 3 solutions to fix DirectX Error in League of Legends. In this article, you will learn these 3 working methods to solve the issue. Each method is explained thoroughly below:
Method 1: Uninstall previous Graphics drivers and Install latest Graphics drivers
Before you install latest Graphics drivers. We recommend you to uninstall previous graphics card drivers because the error could be caused by outdated graphics card drivers in League of Legends. Install latest drivers using DriverScanner tool which is the best utility to uninstall previous drivers on your PC. DriverScanner will automatically detect your PC and prepare the installation process to update all PC drivers which includes DirectX as well. Once you have installed DriverScanner on your PC then it will take care of everything. Don’t worry about DirectX error anymore in League of Legends.
Don’t you know how to uninstall previous graphics card driver from your PC? Well! DDU will help you to uninstall the drivers. DDU stands for Display Driver Utility which the best tool to uninstall any graphics drivers.
Download DDU – Display Driver Uninstaller
Display Driver Uninstaller DDU is one the best tool to uninstall graphics driver from Windows-based PC. Display Driver Uninstaller is a driver removal utility that can help you completely uninstall AMD/NVIDIA graphics card drivers and packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind (including registry keys, folders, and files, driver store).
Download DDU Display Driver Uninstaller click here
Once you have downloaded DDU and installed it on your PC then follow the steps below:
- Restart your PC to the Safe Mode
If you are using Windows 10 then you have to hold Shift key, then restart your computer using the power button in Windows Start
If you are using Windows 7 then Restart then continuously press F8
- Once you are using PC in Safe Mode then go back to the Display Driver Uninstaller
- Run Display Driver Uninstaller
- Select Clean and restart
- When it is finished, your PC will restart
DDU will remove graphics card drivers from your PC and now you have to install latest graphics card drivers on your PC.
Install Latest Graphics Card Driver
As you know that when you install latest graphics card drivers then the package includes the latest version of DirectX itself.
If you are using Intel or AMD CPU especially on a laptop, please install Intel HD driver or APU driver before installing dedicated graphics cards such as NVIDIA. Updating driver will fix Directx Error in League of legends.
Driver Downloading Sites
- For AMD graphics card, please see link http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- For NVIDIA graphics card, please see link http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- For Intel® HD graphics driver, please see link https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+
Method 2: Pre-requisites before running League of Legends on PC
You are seeing this unknown DirectX error because you have not updated the Windows OS. At the time, your PC does not have required Windows libraries to run League of Legends. Before you start to solve can fix the errors easily. Otherwise, you have to complete the following steps to fix DirectX error. Here are further steps:
- Visual C++ Redistributable Packages
- DirectX 11 should be installed properly click here
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 Client Profile click here
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Client Profile click here
- Make sure you have minimum system requirements
Method 3: Replace a subfile game.cfg in the game folder
Download game.cfg file click here. Complete the following steps to replace the file in the game folder. Here are steps:
- Now go to C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Config
- Drop the game.cfg file in Config folder
- Restart your PC and run the League of Legends
These are simple methods but it will work on your side. If you need more help, comment below.
You may also like:
- How to fix application error 0xc00007b in Tales of Berseria
- How to fix The Volume Does Not Contain A Recognized File System
- Best settings to enhance FPS, graphics For Star Wars Battlefront 2 | gameplay | system requirement
- How to fix unarc.dll error -14 to install Nioh Complete Edition
- Download VPN 360 APK for Android